Monday, May 21, 2012

Our New Normal

So today starts what I'm calling our family's new normal.  It seems we keep finding and adjusting that normal over the years because after all, life is ever changing, but this new normal feels so wonderful!!!  It's my first day going back to part-time, and after spending the past 11 months desperately trying everything we could imagine to make night shift work for us, it is a GINORMOUS weight off of all of us knowing that most of that struggling is over.  I now have 2 1/2 weeks to pull this house back into shape before the kids get out of school which I am actually excited about doing!  I am excited that I get to spend more time at home being maybe just a little bit of the person I used to be and still enjoy time working as well.  And I am super excited that I don't have to sleep during the day anymore!!! I am really looking forward to spending more time with my kids over the summer.....that time with them, as stressful as it is alot of times, I will never get a do-over on, and I am so grateful for the opportunity to be with them more, and try to be a better Mom.  :)

To everyone who has been there for me over the past year in spite of my sleep deprived, not so happy self, or my lack of availability........thank you.  I hope to get more time with each of you now, and your support to myself and our family means more than you'll ever know.  Love you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment